Monday - Friday
10:00 am-5:30 pm CST
Credit cards processed:
PSB - 243 Signal Splitter
The PSB-243 is to the best of our knowledge the only active 24
channel stage splitter system available that offers transformer
isolated inputs and outputs for front of house and monitor mixers
with an additional third output available for live recording.
The PSB is a 24 input, 72 output, professional broadcast quality,
stage box and splitter system all at a price far below comparable
Professional sound companies are quite often required to provide
several signal splits of the original stage sounds for live recording.
Simple splitting hardware such as Y-cables and parallel outputs
will not solve the problem of ground loops that frequently arise
through the connection of different mains sources, and high-end
modular splitting systems are expensive. The PSB will do all of
the above with uncompromising sound quality and professional durability.
By combining both a stage box and splitter into one useful unit,
we back up our words with some specifications. 19” (7U) front
panel made from 4mm steel, all metal XLR connections (Neutrik
DL-series) screwed to the chassis and wired to the pc board. All
inputs and outputs are transformer isolated and feature assignable
headphone monitoring with LED meters.
The PSB-243 is a stage box with 24 inputs. Each input has 3 transformer
balanced outputs. The active circuit ensures no loss of signal
or sound quality. Each channel can be routed to the headphone
output and 10-point LED strip by the monitor push-button, allowing
you to accurately monitor the input signal. A 10dB, 20dB, and
30 dB boost function is provided for better meter resolution.
The LED strip itself displays a range from 40 dBu to + 10dBu.
The headphone output is adjustable. Each channel has a hum-free,
stabilized, and individually switchable phantom power.
The 7-space chassis houses 24 XLR/f- input sockets. The 24 adjacent
XLR/m- sockets can be internally wired as parallel thru outs or
as transformer isolated active split outs. As such, there’s an
individual ground lift switch provided. These outputs are intended
for recording. Furthermore, the front side offers space for an
additional 12 XLR sockets. These may be custom fitted and wired
as returns, intercom or additional inputs. A further 6 channels
may be added on request. The rear features three large bays. We
currently offer mounting plates for the following multi-pin footprints:
the 108-pin Harting type and the circular 85-pin Litton-Vearn/LK
type connector the 100-159 pin LK40 shell size also fits. Since
only two multi-pin connectors are usually needed for the main
and monitor desks, the third bay may be used for a sub stage box
(CaCom) or additional XLR sockets. The rear of the device also
features a Neutrik Powercon connector for the mains supply, fuse
and mains switch, as well as a ground lift to separate electronics
from chassis, a ground terminal, and one 4-pin XLR/m for back-up
power. An individual ground switch for each multi-pin connector
is provided. Each output is internally wired to the multi-pin
with a 3-pin header (ground, +V, -V, +48V). Connector sets (connector
and wire- red, blue, black, app. 12”) are provided. On request,
we’ll deliver the unit with complete multi-pin wiring.
* Inputs: 24 XLR/f Neutrik NC3FDL, transformer
* Transformer mu-metal shielded
* Nominal Input Impedance 200
* Maximum Input Level before Clipping: > 14dBu
* Monitor Button, individual 48 V Phantom Power switch
* Outputs per Channel: 3, 1x XLR/m (Neutrik NC3MDL) on the
Front Panel, can be wired internally as “Parallel Thru”
or buffered Transformer Out.
* Ground Lift Switch.
* 2 Outs on the PC-Board as 3-Pin Headers, buffered and
Transformer balanced. (Set of matching connectors with leads
* Nominal Output Impedance each Out: <200
* All Outputs are short circuit proof.
* Unity Gain from Input to Output
* Frequency Response 20-20000Hz , -0.5dB @ 600 Load
* THD @-6dBu, 600 Load, 30 - 20kHz: 0,2%
* Monitoring: Headphone Volume continuously adjustable,
Output ¼ TRS Jack, Tip & Ring tied together.
Will work from 8 - 200 .
* 10 Point LED Strip. Range -40dBu to +10dBu, for better
Resolution Sensitivity can be increased 10/20/30dB.
* Integrated Power Supply with Toroidal Transformer mu-metal
* 4 Pin XLR/f Input for Back up Power Supply.
* Housing: 19”, 7U , 285mm deep
* The delivery includes: 3 Multi-pin mounting plates, 2
with Cut Out fitting for Litton-Veam LK 85 or Harting 64&108
* Free front panel space assembled with XLR sockets.
* Extension to 30 Channels. Note: The added Inputs will
not have a Phantom Power switch or Monitor Button or Ground
* Connectors for Sub Stage Box
* Appliance fully assembled with Multi-pins
* Back up Power Supply